It’s more common than you may think. Men all over Dallas deal with insecurity because of the excessive male breast tissue. This condition, known as gynecomastia, can be debilitating for men, causing them to miss out on life events because they are embarrassed by the way their bodies look.
If this sounds like you, and you’ve been considering male breast reduction surgery, or even if you had no idea there was a surgical solution, we want you to know that Dr. Hopkins and his team at J. Hopkins Plastic Surgery are here to help. By making a small incision on the chest, Dr. Hopkins can remove the unwanted fat that has been keeping you out of the pool and off of the beach for so many years!
In order for Dr. Hopkins to agree to gynecomastia surgery, Dallas men should first visit his office for an initial consultation to learn more about the procedure and find out whether or not they will be considered a good candidate for elective plastic surgery. Keep reading as we discuss what makes patients good candidates for male breast reduction surgery.
Signs That Could Be Telling You That You Have Gynecomastia
To start the process, Dallas men can self-evaluate to find out whether or not they may be suffering from gynecomastia. The symptoms of this condition are:
- Localized fat in the chest area
- Increased or excessive glandular tissue development
- Excess breast skin
- One or both breasts are enlarged
If you have one or more of these signs of gynecomastia, the best thing you can do is call Dr. Hopkins to schedule an initial consultation. During your appointment, he will fully examine your chest area, talk to you about your health history, and answer any questions you have about the procedure. During this consultation, Dr. Hopkins will determine whether or not you are a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery. If you are, he will then get to work developing an individualized treatment plan to meet your needs and help you achieve your desired results.
Good Candidates for Male Breast Reduction Surgery
In order to determine your candidacy for male breast reduction surgery, Dr. Hopkins will discuss all aspects of the procedure with you during your initial consultation. The best candidates for this procedure are those patients who are healthy and can physically and emotionally handle the recovery process. Simply wanting to have gynecomastia surgery doesn’t mean you automatically qualify for the procedure. To protect you and ensure you experience a safe surgery, Dr. Hopkins requires all of his patients to meet the following criteria:
- Be in good general overall health, and be able to pass a preoperative examination appointment with your general practitioner prior to your gynecomastia surgery date
- Communicate to Dr. Hopkins your complete medical history, including any medical conditions you currently have, medications you take, and surgeries you’ve had performed in the past
- Tell Dr. Hopkins your concerns about your male breast tissue and explaining to him your expectations for the surgery, so he can determine if you have realistic expectations
- Listen to Dr. Hopkins explain the male breast reduction procedure to you in detail, and communicating back to him that you understand the procedure
- Be a non-smoker, or promising to quit smoking for 6 weeks before and 8 weeks after your surgery, as smoking can complicate both the surgery itself as well as your recovery time period
- If you’ve been under general anesthesia before, never having had an allergic or bad reaction to it, as general anesthesia is typically required for gynecomastia surgery
- Be in good overall psychological health
Choose Dr. Hopkins in Dallas Today
If you’ve been hiding your gynecomastia behind baggy shirts your entire adult life, call Dr. Hopkins of J. Hopkins Plastic Surgery today! He has been practicing in Dallas since 1999, and his precision and skill make him one of the most sought-after plastic surgeons in the area. You deserve relief from your gynecomastia, so let Dr. Hopkins help.
Simply call his office today at (972) 298-6641 to book your initial consultation.