When women in Dallas choose to undergo a mommy makeover, they first come in to see Dr. Hopkins for a one-on-one consultation. During this appointment, Dr. Hopkins will fully examine your areas of concern, talk to you about your ultimate goals for your final look, and answer any questions you have about your mommy makeover. He will also talk to you about what you should and shouldn’t do to prepare for a mommy makeover.
What to Do When Preparing for a Mommy Makeover
- Visit your primary care physician for a pre-op appointment to ensure you are healthy enough for elective plastic surgery.
- Be sure you’re done having children and have a solid birth control plan in place before having a mommy makeover. If you get pregnant after your surgery, you will negate your results.
- Make sure you have the support of your Dallas friends and family. Because you will be receiving general anesthesia on the day of your surgery, ask someone to bring you to Dr. Hopkins’ office on the day of your mommy makeover surgery, stay in the waiting room during your procedure, and drive you home when you have been released.
- Before you come in for your mommy makeover with Dr. Hopkins, be sure to stock up on healthy foods to eat during your recovery. It’s easy to make poor food choices if you don’t prepare well, so load up your pantry and fridge with healthy proteins, carbs, and fats.
- Find someone to help with childcare for your kids before your mommy makeover. During your recovery, you won’t be able to lift small children or overexert yourself, so you’ll need help from friends or family.
- Stay healthy. If you become sick prior to your surgery day, Dr. Hopkins will have to postpone your mommy makeover.
- Sleep on your back during your recovery. Some Dallas women choose to sleep in a recliner in the weeks following their mommy makeover to protect their breasts and belly after breast augmentation and tummy tuck. If you sleep in your bed, make sure you do so with propped up pillows on each side of you to keep you from rolling over during the night.
What Not to Do When Preparing for a Mommy Makeover
- During your pre-op appointment with Dr. Hopkins, he will provide you with pain medication prescriptions. Don’t forget to have them filled before your surgery day. If you forget, you could experience increased discomfort until you’re able to have your prescriptions filled.
- Don’t drink alcohol in the days leading up to your mommy makeover, as alcohol can cause complications during surgery. For more information on how long you should abstain from alcohol prior to surgery, talk to Dr. Hopkins during your initial consultation.
- Don’t use tobacco products. Not only is smoking bad for your overall health, but tobacco use can also complicate your mommy makeover surgery and recovery. If you need help quitting, talk to Dr. Hopkins before your mommy makeover. He will be able to recommend a Dallas smoking cessation program to help you quit for good!
- Don’t forget to talk to Dr. Hopkins about any questions or concerns you have regarding your mommy makeover. He wants you to be confident before you make a decision, so ask away!
Related Article: 3 Reasons to Get a Mommy Makeover
Call J. Hopkins Plastic Surgery Today
If you have more questions regarding how to prepare for your mommy makeover with Dr. Hopkins, call his Dallas office today at (972) 298-6641 to book your initial consultation.